Whirlpool Aero Car
The best way to see Niagara's fascinating Whirlpool is from high overhead - aboard the world famous Niagara Whirlpool Aero Car. Located 4.5 kilometres (3 miles) North of the Falls, suspended from sturdy cables, the Niagara Whirlpool Aero Car offers a wonderful view.
A Spanish engineer designed and built it, Leonardo Torres Quevedo, the Aero Car has been operating since 1916.
Riders can see the rapids, the Whirlpool, the Gorge, the hydro-electric plants down the river, as the aerial car travels safely between two different points on the Canadian shore of the Niagara River over the spectacular whirlpool. This round trip is slightly more than 1 kilometre (3,600 feet) and takes about 10 minutes.
Location: Located 4.5 km.(3 miles)down-river from the Falls at WEGO stop Green Line stops #8 & #16. Available May through to October.
Niagara Falls Whirlpool Spanish Aerocar Features:
- The aerial cable car travels safely between two different points of the Canadian shore of the Niagara River over the spectacular Whirlpool.
- A round trip is about one kilometre (3,600 feet) and takes about 10 minutes to navigate.
- The capacity of the car is 35 standing passengers.
- A breathtaking view of the Niagara River's Whirlpool Rapids.
- Built in 1913 by the Niagara Aero Car Company using Leonardo Torres-Quevedo's patent.
- Opened on August 8, 1916.
- Upgrades in design and function occurred in 1961, 1967 and 1984.
History: The aero car was designed by a Spanish engineer, Leonardo Torres Quevedo and has been in operation since 1910. The cable car is suspended from six sturdy cables and offers a wonderful view of the Niagara River Whirlpool which is formed at the end of the rapids where the gorge turns abruptly to the northeast and the river escapes through the narrowest channel in the gorge. Please note that this attraction is NOT wheelchair accessible.
Whirlpool Aero Car Admission prices:
- $16.50 Adults (13+ years)
- $10.75 Children (6 to 12 years)
- Children at 5 and under are FREE!
Admission prices are shown in Canadian dollars and do not include taxes.
*Last ticket sold half hour prior to closing time
*All times subject to weather conditions
Address: 3850 Niagara Parkway, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.